Started Dec 24, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hawkintx
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
ERR Message on D90.....
Dec 24, 2008

I can be added to the list of people getting the ERR message on their D90. Has there been anything more published on this? I've read all the messages talking about lens contacts and memory cards. After the first ERR and reading some forums I tried to create the ERR by gently jiggling the lens but nothing happens. It seems to be completely random.

My first ERR message didn't show up until after 1000 clicks on the shutter, but has now shown up 3 times. I called Nikon and they suggested the reset via holding down the two buttons with green dots next to them. I haven't received the ERR since then (this was only yesterday), but I have had the camera suddenly jump out of video mode twice today for no reason (I don't use video often, but still seemed weird). I also experienced the crazy F readings like F90 prior to the ERR.

Should I just send this unit back for an exchange or are they all like this? The Nikon rep said it is just like a computer getting an error message and not to worry about it. I used the D50 for three years and never got an ERR message so I'm a little concerned. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JB

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EiaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow