Started Dec 22, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff Seltzer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,712
Like?
5D Image That Changed Your Life
Dec 22, 2008

I'm tired of reading all the minute-by-minute updates on 5Dii QA issues and availability. I'm tired of all the 5Dii "test" photos of apartment buildings, parking lots, cats, Christmas trees, blown-out lights (to expose the "black dots"). I'm tired of the 100% crops of nothing interesting to show high ISO performance.

INSTEAD, let's see some great photos taken with with either 5d or 5dii. Specifically, let's see that ONE photo taken with the 5d that changed your life. The one you looked back on, and said "wow." The one that hooked you on the 5d forever. Is there a story behind it? I'll start...

This image was taken as I walked my daughter to school. It was a light rain in the Southern California, and she was excited to bring her umbrella to school. I usually don't bring my camera when I walk her, but I had just received my 135L not too long before. I said "Gretha, pose for the camera." I have no idea where she learned this pose, but it was great! I processed the image using Exposure 2 which simulates the look and feel of film (I know, ironic). Shot wide open at f/2.0.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow