Started Dec 22, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skagen
Contributing MemberPosts: 666
Like?
Canon SD 880IS vs SD 790IS
Dec 22, 2008

I have been looking at buying a compact pocket digicam to complement my existing D40x SLR. To be honest, I am rather dissapointed that digicams seem to be going backward in quality since I last bought one a couple years ago.

Nonetheless, I am trying not to belabour that issue, since I have a DSLR. I have gotten the shortlist down to the Canon SD 880IS & SD 790IS, as well as the Panasonic FX35. Having looked at the cameras in store and seen a few sample images, I think the two Canon models are marginally ahead in image quality, so I am just trying to narrow those two down to one.

Is it fair to say that the image qualty of these two Canons (SD 880IS & SD 790IS) is the same and the main difference is zoom range, size and wide-angle? Or is there something else I am missing?

And which of these two would be considered to be the better all round unit? From what I can see, the SD 880 is $246 and the SD790 is $220, so both are close in price, making the choice even harder.

Any help appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow