ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kiwi_G
Regular MemberPosts: 122
Like?
***** Mini-challenge #19:
Dec 21, 2008

The topic for Mini-Challenge 19 shall be - "The small moments"

Deadline for submissions: 24:00, 4 January (GMT)
(or 1pm Monday 5 Jan New Zealand time, in case you were interested)

I attended a brief evening course on documentary and street photography at the local university a couple of months ago. Our tutor described his street photography as “capturing the small moments”. I’m currently reading a book with images by Elliot Erwitt and that’s something he did so very well. I find it very challenging indeed but, even if I cannot do it very well, perhaps I can judge it (?) I know it will be very subjective, but you’re all such a friendly lot….

I have kept the challenge open to all the Nikon DSLRs, I hope you still agree...

Here are the rules again:

1. 1: Have fun. If you break this rule, you will be disqualified

1. 2: Pictures must be taken with a Nikon camera.

1. 3: Submissions will be limited to two per person. If more entries are submitted, only the first two will be considered.

1. 4: CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE TO INCLUDE THE TITLE OF YOUR PHOTO. To avoid confusion and insure your entry is considered, please post your entry as a response to the original post. If you care to comment, please do so as a reply to the submission about which you care to comment.

1. 5: For ease of viewing, please try to embed your images in the post.

1. 6: Also for ease of viewing, please size your image so that no (or minimal) scrolling is required.

1. 7: Please try to include EXIF information with your submission.

1. 8: Post processing is allowed.

1. 9: Photos taken prior to the contest period will be allowed.

1. 10: All decisions by the host are final.

1. 11: The host may select as many runners up as desired.

1. 12: The host may not participate in the challenge.

-- hide signature --

Additional Information---------------------------------------------

• The winner of each challenge hosts the next challenge and is responsible for choosing the topic and selecting the winner.

• The winner has 72 hours to offer a new challenge. If the winner is unable to host the next challenge, the winner may delegate another contestant as host if the contestant agrees. Otherwise, the next runner up may host the challenge.

• Comments on submissions are encouraged.

• Put [CC] next to your subject line if you care to receive comment and critiques on your work. Please do not critique submissions where this tag is absent.

• Submission periods should not exceed one week (to limit the number of posts in the thread) and are at the discretion and schedule of the host.

• If the number of threads allowed in a post is exceeded, a new post will be created containing a link to the previous thread to accommodate additional entries and comments.

• And remember, Have Fun!!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TeamNew
PaulNew
RainNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow