ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mathu
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
S5Pro vs. D90 - any real comparison?
Dec 17, 2008

Hello

I'm going to buy one of these two DSLRs in January. Haven't decided yet. One the one hand, the S5 has unique DR, but on the other hand, D90 would give me versatility with much higher resolution, lower noise and live view. The DR is also one of the widest on the market, according to http://www.dxomark.com it's only 1EV lower than S5.

Unfortunately, I have never seen any detailed comparison of these two. It's hard to believe, but I have found only one RAW file from S5. And it is indoor shot where you can't see how this sensor behaves in real applications when shooting landscapes.

The ideal comparison would include the same scene shot with the same exposure settings allowing to compare the image quality of S5 and any other camera on the same level as D90. And of course, I mean only RAW.

So I'm asking if any of you could give me some examples of the advantages and disadvantages in image quality of S5 over D90. Or just give me a few words if you used to have both in your hands and compared them. Is the 1EV really worth getting the S5? Or should I get the D90 and just have to lighten the shadows a little more sometimes and never see any real difference?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow