C-8080/FL-40 get flash off camera

Started Dec 17, 2008 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,121Gear list
Like?
C-8080 & FL-40 flash cable
In reply to gp photo, Dec 17, 2008

There are at least two Olympus flash cables. Is the FL-CB05 flash cable the hot-shoe-to-hot-shoe cable with a hot shoe at the end for mounting on a generic bracket? If so, the cable can be used with all the other Olympus cameras that have hot shoes. I still use it often on the E-3. I have a Flashframe or Flip-flash generic bracket I like because it places the flash over the lens for horizontal shooting and the arm and flash can be rotated over the camera for vertical shooting. You generally want the flash over the lens for portraits so you don't get sideways shadows the nose. You don't want to rotate the flash head off to the side when you're shooting vertical so a generic bracket with a swing arm is good. That's the advantage of the hot-shoe-to-hot-shoe cable.
--
Dave
Underwater Photographer w/ E-3 & C-8080
http://whaleshark.smugmug.com

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow