Started Dec 13, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mfurman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,281
Like?
I do not trust professional photographers
Dec 13, 2008

In fact, I do not trust very experienced photographers in general.

It is not about their talent and great pictures they can make - it is about them finding a fault with a new camera.

How is it possible that no professional photographer (and they were using 5D mkII well in advance of us all) never noticed "black dots"? How about problems with 1D mkIII focusing or focus shift issues of 50 f/1.2?

The experienced photographers do not find those problems because they do not really troubleshoot a camera - they use it. As a matter of fact, they work around any problems instead of analyzing them.

How could those photographers find any problem if some of them use P&S cameras and still make great images? They really do not need cameras without fault (they will tell you that there is no perfect camera).

Whom do I trust then (and I am serious about it - not a hint of sarcasm!)? I trust all enthusiasts of technology (some would call them pixel peepers) who post at dpreview and even (to lesser extend) Fred Miranda.

Without them, we would never learn about problems in advance of anything that can come from Canon (it may mean – never).
--
Michael

'People are crazy and times are strange, I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range, I used to care, but things have changed' - Bob Dylan

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow