Started Dec 10, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KathyN
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072Gear list
Like?
40D or 50D.....40D or 50D....HELP!!
Dec 10, 2008

I am upgrading from a Rebel XT (350D), and have read EVERYTHING I can find about these two cameras on this and many other sites. Today I went and held both in my hands, and even turned them on. Wow, the LCD on the 50D is incredible, compared to anything I've EVER seen before! However, I'm buying a CAMERA, not a picture viewer, and having read all the reviews, I'm still wondering which might be better for me......more megapixels does not mean "better", in my book......in fact, I dread having to store the many 15MP images, so I don't see "more" MP as being necessarily "better".

What AM I looking for? Better quality high ISO; faster focus and shooting tha my Rebel XT. Everything that I can get from "either" the 40D OR the 50D. Why might I want to buy the 50D over the 40D, other than the better LCD? Is there ANY other reason? Money is not the object here, so don't put that into the equation, please. Is the Digic IV processor really "better", other than being able to process those big files at an equal speed as the "old" Digic III processes the images from the 40D???

Thank you for your opinions, and I apologize if this seems to be beating the proverbial dead horse...........
--
KathyN

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
- AFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow