D90 has no composition button. Nobody cares?

Started Dec 9, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yohimbe2
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
D90 has no composition button. Nobody cares?
Dec 9, 2008

I'm new to photography with ony 2 years experience but have found that learning composition is BY FAR the most important way to improve my photos. It bothers me that people are so obsessed with the gear, lens, etc.. Why is this? I see little mention of composition on these boards.

I've spent 80% of my time learning compostion (starting with the basics, Rule of thirds, Depth of field, etc..) And 20% learning the camera. Am I way off base here? Nothing has improved my pictures more that composition.

I've got a few great books but am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction for links/books with intermediate/advanced composition lessons...

The compostion button was a joke, (lame attempt at humour) but is there a way to toss up a grid(on viewfinder) to help me compose my pictures better? This would help with moving subjects when I dont have time to frame the picture properly.

To improve my camera, I must improve my learning. I am the most important "button" on my camera.

Thanks !
--
d

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow