Black Dot Example? Email Canon Tech Support!

Started Dec 9, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nicholas_H
Regular MemberPosts: 278
Like?
Black Dot Example? Email Canon Tech Support!
Dec 9, 2008

Well, like everyone else, my 5DMkII has the black dot problem. Like many others, I opened a case by emailing Canon technical support to let them know directly and to offer an image for analysis.

Sadly, many folks that actually have an image with black spots will not contact Canon, preferring to believe that Canon: a) knows already; b) religiously reads dpreview.com's forums; or c) they are psychic.

I work for a big networking company and I can assure you that engineering teams are strapped for resources everywhere and want to focus on future features, not fixing problems. There's no revenue in that, so they tend to be driven heavily by stats coming from tech support for the worst problems that customers are experiencing.

So, let's do our part and make sure that Canon has good visibility to this with actual cases opened!

Here's a link to Canon's USA tech support by email for the 5D Mark II...

https://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=SupportMailerAct&fcategoryid=215&modelid=17662

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow