ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
christopherbarran
Contributing MemberPosts: 862Gear list
Like?
S100FS - Low light images and some
Dec 7, 2008

Hi guys.

Well the 3rd of December has made it one month since I got the S100FS.

I must say I am rather pleased so far. Had some CA/PF but not a lot and what I got I was able to fix in S7Raw (for RAW) and PhotoImpact X3 (for Jpeg).

Thanks for all the help tips, advice and compliments.

Below is a selection of some images.

This one the same house I showed before with all the light. Here I was trying to be creative. LOL. Note the 2 second exposure at F11.

Exposure: 2 sec (2)
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: 7.1 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Since I took these "Christmas" images I've been interested in the S100FS low light, high ISO performance. Below I have some images I took during a night out.

One thing the S100FS is not, and that's a discrete social snapper. When I walked in with the S100FS in the Fujifilm case I did get some looks. I am too self conscious about taking photos.

Anyways, here are the images. They were taken at ISO800 and if I am not mistaken without the IS. I had forgotten to turn it on. Plus I had a few drinks. WB was set to daylight because I like the warmness it brought out. While the tungsten might be more accurate it's a bit cold and clinical if you know what I mean.

Once again I am blown away by the colour rendition of the S100FS. Film simulation was set to SOFT for some and PROVIA. I'll try to identify which is which.

No PP apart from exporting to Flickr from Lightroom v2.1 which sharpened for the screen.

SOFT

The following are PROVIA.

Regards
Christopher

christopherbarran's gear list:christopherbarran's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow