Started Dec 3, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rhagins
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Bummed about D700 - Any reassurance?
Dec 3, 2008

I've been spending the last few weeks trying to decide on a new camera system. Had to sell my 5D a couple years ago for financial reasons. I've traditionally been a Canon user, but since being impressed with the D90 I've been looking at Nikon very closely.

I tested the D700 at Best Buy and instantly fell in love. What a great camera. Everything I would want in a camera. I generally shoot portraits, landscape and street photography. The D700 just fits like a glove.

When I got home I researched it online and it's gotten raving reviews, but when I went to pbase and other sites to review sample images I just wasn't impressed. They're just not pleasing to my eye. I know that pictures come out of the camera soft, but the images just didn't look right to me; almost mushy or something. I'm assuming that the images I've been looking at have been post processed, so I'm a little disappointed and hesitant to spend that much money on it.

Other than the IQ it seems like the perfect camera in regards to features and handling, but I don't care if it could cook me breakfast, it still comes down to IQ.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow