Started Dec 3, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bg2b
Contributing MemberPosts: 897Gear list
Like?
Extreme pixel peeping
Dec 3, 2008

Has anyone noticed the black dots that sometimes appear to the side of extreme highlights in 5dii pictures? I saw this mentioned in a thread on photo.net ( http://photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00RewZ ;), but I'm finding it in some of the samples here too.

It seems to happen on shots processed with DPP and ACR, and in camera JPEGs, so I don't think it's any sort of artifact from one converter. It appears more prevalent at higher ISOs, but even at ISO 100 or 200, you can sometimes find it.

I collected together some crops from various samples that I've seen posted here and elsewhere. I believe this sample includes photos from five different cameras, and the crops are all shown at 200%. I apologize for the extreme level of pixel peeping, but when thinking about shelling out that much for a camera, not to mention lenses, I want to at least know more about it. In particular, how universal is it, and if it's not just a case of a few bad cameras, is it fixable in firmware or software?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow