K McCall
Senior MemberPosts: 2,065
Like?
*** Pentax Challenge #41 - My Favorite Things ***
Dec 2, 2008

Welcome to Pentax Challenge #41!

This challenge is meant to be anonymous,
so please do not post pictures here.

The theme for the December Challenge is "My Favorite Things." It's the holiday season for a lot of us, and inevitably we'll all end up with things we won't exactly love. So I'm challenging you to look around at what you already cherish - your favorite things. Whether it's your vintage Volvo or your stacks of books or frosty solitary mornings or your cute-as-a-button grandchild, let's focus (out-of-focus shots are allowed too!) on what you already have and love.

Challenge Rules

Challenge #41 commences: Now!

Challenge #41 closes: December 31st 2008, 23:59-59 midnight IDLW –

International Date Line West (one second before the start of January 1st at the International Date Line West = GMT -12)
The Main Challenge and Exhibition Galleries are here:

http://www.pbase.com/pentaxchallenge/challenge_41

If you have not entered before, please read the rules carefully, as
this anonymous challenge is somewhat different from the WMC, date and
number challenges.

DO NOT POST IMAGES THIS THREAD, but rather upload them to the relevant PBase gallery (Main Challenge or Exhibition). I will then post announcements of them to this thread to keep the thread (and challenge) alive. This way the anonymity of the participant will be maintained. Comments to the images in this thread are welcome. We also get occasional comments on the galleries themselves, and these are also welcome.
Illustrated upload instructions can be found on this gallery page:
http://www.pbase.com/pentaxchallenge/illustrated_upload_instructions

Once you’ve uploaded the image you should send an email to the host (e-mail in profile), including the title of your photo and your name. Please use "Challenge entry" or similar as the subject line to make ID easier. This will allow the host to publish the names of the winning participants once the voting is over and address you if something is wrong with your entry.

The Challenge Gallery is for entries which were taken during the Challenge month (i.e. shot for the theme) with a Pentax SLR, film or digital.

The Exhibition Gallery is for entries which were taken at any time as long as they meet the challenge theme. Any camera will do as long as you are a Pentax SLR forum member.

Password to access PBase is unchanged but for those who still require it please send an e-mail to the host.
Leave EXIF data intact.

Maximum image size is 800 pixels on the long side, with a file size no greater than 300KB.
You may post a maximum of three (3) entries into each gallery.

If you need assistance uploading images send an e-mail to the host (e-mail in profile). We want your images even if you aren't an experienced PBase user !

If pbase is a problem, you can email your submissions to the host, who will upload them onto the gallery (please include title and description, and make sure it otherwise fits the requirements - I will not resize images for you).

If you, for any reason, cannot send e-mail to the host, post a "help me!" message here. The host or another helpful soul will assist you.
Voting

After the Challenge period ends, the forum votes to determine the winners. All forum members may vote, even those who did not enter an image. Voting is done in a separate voting thread established by the

Challenge host. There will be three winners chosen from each gallery. When the voting is complete, the winning entries will be named and their winning entrants identified.
When voting you will not be able to vote for your own pictures.

The entrant who submitted the winning entry in the Challenge Gallery will serve as host for the February Pentax Challenge.
--
Keitha McCall

Pentaxian and Snapshot Shooter since April 2007
http://flickr.com/photos/aravis121/
http://www.ascenicworld.com

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow