Started Dec 2, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
idhawk
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
New 50D owner needs help with DPP!
Dec 2, 2008

OK, so I finally got to take some pictures with my new camera tonight and I truly was lost with all the settings. I put the camera in sraw mode (at least I think I did), and took some pics. The pics show up when reviewing them in the camera.

I downloaded them into iPhoto like I usually do with all my photos and they showed up completely black. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the fact that they are raw photos, but I definitely knew something wasn't right.

I open up DPP and it does not recognized any photos in iPhoto. Question #1. Do I need store my raw photos elsewhere? Any iPhoto users out there have this problem?

So I proceed to download the photos to my desktop, where I can open them with DPP. Sure enough, DPP finds them but like with my iPhoto, they are completely black. The photo info shows there is data, but there is no image. I put the disk back in the camera and I can view the photos. Question #2. Does anyone have any idea what the heck I did wrong?

Man, it sure is going to take some getting used to the different controls on this camera. I can already tell the camera is a huge step up from my Pentax K10D, but the Pentax controls were much more intuitive.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow