Started Dec 1, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ThaQuest
Senior MemberPosts: 1,337Gear list
Like?
G6: Better IQ than today's cameras?
Dec 1, 2008

I had a G6 several years ago, and looking back on the images, I can't believe how good they look. I've printed out posters at 1x1.5 meters with excellent detail. ISO 400 shots were more or less acceptable after cleaning up with Noise Ninja. There is just a certain "wow" factor when I view these images, even in comparison to my DSLR shots. I'm wondering how today's cameras compete with the G6, not necessarily on high ISO capabilities (in which the G6 only goes to ISO 400), but in other aspects of IQ?

Here's a few examples from my new website in which I am busting out the old G6 shots:

Granted, some of these images were photoshopped, but the G6 tended to deliver great results from the camera as well. Anyone else feel the same way? Too bad I sold my G6 after Canon replaced my old one with a new one at the end of the warranty cycle due to a few software issues. I think I'd still love to shoot with that camera.

Peace!

-- hide signature --

Daily Photography from China: http://www.shenzhenphotos.com

ThaQuest's gear list:ThaQuest's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow