Started Nov 30, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Theresse
Regular MemberPosts: 379
Like?
DARN it! D90 also getting the error CHA message :-(
Nov 30, 2008

Well, SHOOT. I honestly don't believe this is a card issue as so many do because after looking into it more (googling) it appears several people have replaced cards only to have the error message happen again and more times than not the consensus is that a new camera is needed (not the card, not the lens). Apparently "evidence" of this is that one's forced to remove and then put back the battery just to get the camera functioning again (everything freezes to the extent that you can't even turn the camera off, if you don't do this)...a Nikon rep told someone that that usually means it's a problem inside the camera itself. Why the manual suggests it's the card is beyond me.

I'll contact Nikon (ugh) but meanwhile if anyone has any new advice (besides replacing the card and taking the battery out and putting it back in) - or if you've heard anything new about what might be the true culprit - please do share. If I find anything out I'll share as well.

Thank you!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow