Started Nov 28, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sabenza
Forum MemberPosts: 94Gear list
Like?
Fantastic Canon 5D Mk2 Experience Event in Hong Kong
Nov 28, 2008

I just returned from Canon 5d2 experience function in Hong Kong. It was a fantastic experience of the 5d2 for previous registered owners of Canon photo products, and there were about 20 units of 5d2 for you to play with and I was advised in advance to bring my own CF card greater than 1 gb. Each 5d2 was attached to a different lens for you to play with and there were the new 24LII, 35L, 50L, 85L, TS-E90, 135L, 17-40L, 16-35LII, 70-20L4IS, 100-400L, 17-40L, 24-105L, 14II and 15 fisheye, and some macro lens. There was a video booth to demonstrate the 5d2 video capability and post production using Mac and final cut, and there were booths with the PIXMA Pro9000 and 9500, and also a G10 booth.

There was also a tallk from Harlim Djurhar Winata plus an exhibition of photos taken with the 5D2, and some studio demonstration and demonstration of DPP, but I missed those as I was late for the event.

I brought a EXTREME IV 4GB card and took home some 90 photos plus a video. Because each camera was set differently, I have to reset all functions before I use each camera (and set RAW + JPEG & ISO Expansion) and in some photos, i forgot to switch off the High ISO NR. Just downloaded the latest Canon softwares from the Canon website to view these pictures.

I don't know whether I can post these pictures as I cannot remember when I sign up for the event, are there any terms which do not allow me to do so, especially when some of them show the faces of Canon employees and other participants?

Anyway, it was like I was in a photo Disneyland and it is simply a fantastic 5d2 experience. Thank you, Canon!

Sabenza's gear list:Sabenza's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Leica M8 Canon EOS-1D X Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +27 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow