Did B&H handle the 50-200 price blunder properly?

Started Nov 26, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pete_CSCS
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,015Gear list
Like?
Did B&H handle the 50-200 price blunder properly?
Nov 26, 2008

SENARIO:

1) B&H Photo advertises the Zuiko 50-200mm SWD lens at their website for the incredibly low price of $395.95. The person entering the price inadvertently reversed the ‘3’ and the ‘9’ as the correct price should have been $935.95.

2) Aaron400d discovers the low price and posts a thread on DPR Olympus SLR Talk.

3) Dozens of forum members order the lens at $395.95.

4) B&H discovers the error the following day, doesn’t want to take the loss and cancels the orders.

5) Many of those who ordered are disappointed, most understand the error and most (if not all) do not reorder the lens at $935.95. (my assumption)

In case you missed it:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=30138721

See next post.

-- hide signature --

'When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.' -- Jacob Riis

Stay Well,
Pete K.

Pete_CSCS's gear list:Pete_CSCS's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z612 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
YESNew
TimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow