Started Nov 26, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jindrich
Regular MemberPosts: 200
Like?
5DmkII video: any news on 25p?
Nov 26, 2008

Is there any newer info about whether the 5D will finaly do 25p or not?

30p is OK for USA and Japan, but the rest of the world revolves around PAL and 50Hz.

The European countries members of the EU alone sum 500 million, or 700 million if you add the non-members.

It's a HUGE market to ignore, much bigger than that from US and Japan together actually. I think it would be pretty dumb to release a product, whose most publicized feature will be pretty much useless in a certain (world's biggest) market.

Fact is that in the EU, the end result from video shot with the 5D, whether it's for Broadcast, Industrial/Corporate, Indie or simple amateur footage, should/must be delivered in a format that's 100% PAL compatible, and I'd even say in 99.9% of the cases the delivery will be in the form of a standard PAL DVD.

HDTV still exists only testimonially in the EU, and nobody has BlueRay burners and players yet (capable of all sorts of HD). Besides, all EU HDTV production is done at 25p/50i.

So, does anyone have some inside info on the matter?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow