Started Nov 25, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
leighton w
Senior MemberPosts: 1,879
Like?
Kudos to BestBuy!
Nov 25, 2008

I've been looking for a laptop for the last couple of weeks, and decided to wait to "Black Friday". Well this morning, I looked on Dealnews.com first thing and lo and behold, there was a deal from Bestbuy I couldn't refuse. Looks like somebody at cooperate made a mistake and listed a combination deal that was out of this world.

They had an HP laptop with a 15.4" screen, 2 gig ram, 160 gig hd, and a Intel Pentium Dual-core processor, along with a Canon 3-in-1 printer on sale for $279.99! I called them immediately and told them to hold it for me because the closest Bestbuy is about 45 miles away from me. When I get there they said, we made a mistake on our website and wouldn't be able to honour this price.

Then they told me they could give me a Toshiba with the same sized screen, an AMD Turion dual-core processor, 2 gig ram, and a 250gig HD, plus the Canon copier for the same price. When I asked why they were doing this when they had turned down 3 other people who came in asking about, they told me because I had traveled that far, and they didn't tell me no on the phone.

Needless to say they took the AD down real fast when they found out about it.

I just had to tell you about this and say that BestBuy has won me as a customer!
--

Tom

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow