S2 Pro : 18-35 or 15-30? Help me, please.

Started Jul 12, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Emanuele Chiocchio
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?
S2 Pro : 18-35 or 15-30? Help me, please.
Jul 12, 2002

As many of you already know, my clever friends, I've on order an S2 and some lenses : my distributor said that the first units are shipping now and will arrive in Italy next week ( around Wednesday/Thursday ) : italian customers u're advised. So, it seems that I'll put my hands on my S2 and relative lenses very soon, but a question popped-up in my mind yesterday after reading some about the Sigma 15-30 3,5-4,5 EX DG : is this lens better than the Nikkor 18-35? I've extensively searched around the internet for MTF tests but I've not found anything about ( Photodo.com for example doesn't mention this lens ). On bythom.com I've carefully read the 18-35 and the 15-30 reviews but there isn't a direct comparison. Can someone over there help me please? I would like to know :

1) 15-30 build quality and lens layout : better than 18-35?

2) 15-30 lens quality compared to 18-35 : better or not? And if better at what settings?
3) AF speed : better or not compared to 18-35?
4) MTF tests of 15-30 : where can I find them?

I know that this lens is twice the weight of the 18-35 but, believe me, mine aren't small hands. ;-))

Thank you very much in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ciao,

Emanuele

PS. Mike, how does perform your S2? Will you add some new pictures in your great web-site soon? Best regards my friend. Ciao.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow