S2 Pro : 18-35 or 15-30? Help me, please.

Started Jul 12, 2002 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Emanuele Chiocchio
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
S2 Pro : 18-35 or 15-30? Help me, please.
Jul 12, 2002

As many of you already know, my clever friends, I've on order an S2 and some lenses : my distributor said that the first units are shipping now and will arrive in Italy next week ( around Wednesday/Thursday ) : italian customers u're advised. So, it seems that I'll put my hands on my S2 and relative lenses very soon, but a question popped-up in my mind yesterday after reading some about the Sigma 15-30 3,5-4,5 EX DG : is this lens better than the Nikkor 18-35? I've extensively searched around the internet for MTF tests but I've not found anything about ( Photodo.com for example doesn't mention this lens ). On bythom.com I've carefully read the 18-35 and the 15-30 reviews but there isn't a direct comparison. Can someone over there help me please? I would like to know :

1) 15-30 build quality and lens layout : better than 18-35?

2) 15-30 lens quality compared to 18-35 : better or not? And if better at what settings?
3) AF speed : better or not compared to 18-35?
4) MTF tests of 15-30 : where can I find them?

I know that this lens is twice the weight of the 18-35 but, believe me, mine aren't small hands. ;-))

Thank you very much in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS. Mike, how does perform your S2? Will you add some new pictures in your great web-site soon? Best regards my friend. Ciao.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow