Started Nov 18, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richiedodson
Regular MemberPosts: 286
Like?
money to spend... which L - 50 or 135?
Nov 18, 2008

Hi all - I am planning on a new lens - either 135 f2 L or 50mm f1.2 L and would really appreciate feedback on people's experience with these lenses and which they use more often (I know I'll be happy with either... just which to buy first considering it may be a year or two before the next purchase...)

I will use both focal lengths, probably the 50 a little more - but the 135 has such a great reputation whereas the 50 has a little negative feedback about focus shift...

I have these focal lengths already covered with the 24-70 2.8 L , 70-200 2.8 IS L, plus I have the 300 f2.8 IS L, both extenders...

I will eventually get both lenses - I'm not interested in saving a few bucks for a lesser lens such as the 50 1.4 but would rather get the best possible lens I can get and have every available feature. I already have the 50 1.8 also and I love the focal length...

The body is currently a 5D and I will also have a 5DII in a few weeks...

The photos are mostly studio products, jazz concerts (big theatres and tiny clubs) and occasionally sports such as Aussie Open tennis, cycling events... aswell as the occasional portrait and other event. Mostly I love slightly longer focal lengths and would consider roughly 50-150mm as the area I find myself in most often.

At this stage I can't afford the 85mm 1.2 (yet) and although the 85 1.8 has a great reputation I'd rather wait on this focal length.

Any feedback on lenses or ideas very welcome. Thanks!
--
'high IQ'

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow