Started Nov 16, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skutters
Regular MemberPosts: 358
Like?
D300 Died then came back(Dilemma)
Nov 16, 2008

Hi All, I was about to go out today with my 6 month old D300 and was checking the settings when the viewfinder went all funny and started flashing then the camera just died and would not do anything, there were no readings on the top panel or anything.

I played around with it for a while recharged the battery and tried again it worked for about 20 seconds then completely died again, this time i could not get the camera to work and gave up after trying all afternoon. i resigned myself to the fact that the camera would have to go to nikon for repair.

Well clutching at straws late on tonight i put the battery back in and it worked and it now seem's to be working ok. My dilemma now is can i trust the camera, i am going to New Zealand in three months for five weeks and i am now really concerned about the camera's reliability.

There is no point in sending in the camera as far as i can see when it is working ok, has anyone had this problem or can offer any advice as i am now really worried about my trip.

Regards Kev.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow