Started Nov 16, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nancy10
Regular MemberPosts: 416
Like?
SD990 or SD880 - help me choose
Nov 16, 2008

I've been happily using a Casio EX-F850 for the past couple of years, and am now looking for its replacement. I'm an amateur photographer, and I haven't rarely have time to do PP, so I'm looking for a high-quality out-of-camera product.

Small size is essential or I won't carry the camera with me. I do lots of garden photography, both long views and macros. Images have to be crisp with accurate colors. I'm accustomed to coping with blown highlights on white flowers. I like to snap photos while riding in the car; the Casio has done this well in full automatic mode.

I got an SD990 yesterday and just started playing with it, but it was rainy and gloomy today, so I didn't get too far. So far, I like what I'm seeing. But should I be considering the SD880?

The 880 has a wide angle (very appealing), it's smaller, and has a larger display.

The 990 has manual mode (shutter and aperture control) and Quick Shot.

How does image quality compare between the two? Does the 880 react well when fast shutter speed is necessary?

Thanks for your help.

Nancy

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow