Help: Zoom lens got stuck (NIKON coolpix L6)

Started Nov 10, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
goma
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Help: Zoom lens got stuck (NIKON coolpix L6)
Nov 10, 2008

I am not a pro but I love taking pictures during outdoor activities like biking or hiking. I may not be familiar to some cam parts either and somehow I want to ask for help on fixing my cam.

I have a Nikon Coolpix L6 and unfortunately went something wrong. I suppose to zoom in to some views and all of a sudden, it's stuck. I admit, I was being careless - putting in cam in case realizing when I opened it again, lens wasn't properly shutdown and causes a display error on the lcd screen. my bad

I wanted to know - is there a way for me to fix this problem?

When turned on, it has blurry display since the zoom lens is stuck and gives me "lens error" message. When turned off, the lens fails to collapse(?) or even expands. I mean, the last layer where it has the lens eye with it seems to fail to move. Sorry, really not familiar with part terms.

The cam didn't fall or hit into any objects. I think it got trouble when trying to put it in the case or bag pockets. Worst thing, I can not longer hear the motor sound inside.

I also read some tips here http://camerarepair.blogspot.com/2007/12/fixing-lens-error-on-digital-camera.html
unfortunately, none of them works for me.

I hope this will be fix. I'll be grateful for someone to help.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow