upgrades only 3 versions back. As somebody who doesn't even USE
Camera Raw, I can only conclude you are arguing for the sake of
arguing and choosing to ignore the reality of the situation since it
doesn't actually impact you. In essence, you've got no dog in this
hunt.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Jeff Schewe

Jeff, I originally asked you only for a clarification over something you had written in a response to someone else. I then asked an additional question about why Adobe wanted camera manufactures to expose proprietary information when Adobe wasn't willing to do the same. I also added that I was not trying to discuss DNG per se. You answered both satisfactorily, but then you added this unnecessary barb, probably to ensure I would reply:

Jeff Schewe wrote:

The rest of your, uh, position pretty much states that you aren't arguing with an > open mind. Your anti-Adobe slant is pretty clear. If you are happy with that fine, > but it won't do diddly to fix any problems in the industry. And yes, at least > Adobe is doing something constructive on that problem.

In my first response to something you wrote, I was not arguing. I asked for a clarification. Why throw out the barb about anti-Adobe? I am/was not anti-adobe with regard to the products - I am very unhappy with Adobe International (customer support) and the sloppy way that Adobe International is handling and shipping products and I have been over a long period of time and several incidents. I never experienced that from Adobe in North America. A problem with Adobe software in the USA could usually be solved in a 10 min telephone call. In Europe it takes up to 4 months for Adobe to correct THEIR own mistakes in shipping and software delivery (wrong code or SN on CD). Yeah, I am feedup - as I have more or less said in this thread. That doesn't make me anti-adobe. Did it ever occur to you that there is usually a valid reason when a customer expresses dissatisfaction occuring over a longer time period? Adobe hate their customers? Seems that is a good title for this thread.

I was dumb enough to reply to your first bit of flame-bait since I have been unhappy with Adobe International for some time. That didn't make me anti-adobe. Why do you feel it is necessary to add a half-insult or some type of insult in the last paragraph each time you reply?

As to your point about ACR, and the fact that I don't use it. No, I personally don't use it. ACR is not as developed as Nikon's software for handling NEF files. However, I do save processed NEF files as TIFF images and import the TIFF masters into Lightroom. From that point, the images are handled within Adobe's software (ps, ill, ind, acr) until they are sent to the press or printer. I already said this several times.

From your last response, I take it that anyone who does not use ACR has no voice in anything connected with or to Adobe and will be dismissed by Adobe and all personell? And you state that that includes me:

Jeff Schewe wrote:

As somebody who doesn't even USE
Camera Raw, I can only conclude you are arguing for the sake of
arguing and choosing to ignore the reality of the situation since it
doesn't actually impact you. In essence, you've got no dog in this
hunt.

Frankly, I am surprised by your attitude. Since I have "no dog", I leave you to clean up the kennell after you are finished. You have done a good job of creating at least one new anti-adobe person - not just anti-adobe-international, but antil-adobe-north america as well.

My thanks to Barry Pearson and ljfinger for taking their time to provide useful information and especially to kaikopere who is providing Adobe with some excellent feedback and good information for all interested parties.

-- hide signature --

all the best
saronann

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow