ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andy mclean
Senior MemberPosts: 1,352
Like?
D700 & 50mm F1.4 AFD...
Nov 1, 2008

Hello everyone,

I just bought the combo above... and after coming from an E-1 I am stunned at the low light ability of this camera. The build quality, ergonomics, the shutter feel and mirror release... output! A tremendous camera.

I got it last Saturday and was using it as soon the battery was charged up. That happened to coincide with 11 visitors from Belgium arriving for a brief stay... so i starting shooting immediately. All in camera jpeg, default settings.... and auto wb, which is extremely poor compared to the E-1's. No matter, just have to use the easily found WB control.

Here are a few pictures.... very, very low light for the most part and while not as crisp due to my pushing things too far, i do like them, the intimacy/immediacy caught from time to time.... and above all the lack of flash.

No doubt i have to improve my technique a bit... but still, this camera is all i hoped it would be and then some. A 500 page manual is astonishing.. and i'm still trying to work through the menu systems etc, but bottom line, shooting 14 BIT RAW and the results are superb.

Nothing you D700 owners don't know, but wanted to post to say 'hello' and to give other potential owners an idea of the low light output this camera is capable of.

andy

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow