Started Oct 31, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jon Laye
Senior MemberPosts: 2,485
Like?
Difficult clients? No, difficult photographers
Oct 31, 2008

Fun fun. About 3 weeks ago a recent bride came in. I shot her first wedding 5 years ago, everything was great. Turns out she got divorced and a couple of months ago was married again, a destination wedding. 40 people and they hired a local photographer for 5 hours for $595. They were to receive a CD with proofs. They also purchased for an additional $99 a CD with all of their "Digital Negatives". She brings me the CD and asks me if I can make her an album, a Coffee Table style album like her first wedding. I quote her a price of $1600, same as my regular price for a small custom book and all is set. A few days later I inquire to the photographer that shot the wedding "I just wanted to be sure that the CD of digital negatives also includes the rights for the bride and groom to have prints and products made from these files."

The reply I received from the photographer was "Yes, the bride and groom may have whatever prints they wish made, I always suggest a professional photo lab for best results"

Now almost a month later the photographer seems to have found out what the client is paying for her album and is now asking me for a percentage."

"I feel that a percentage of the large fee you charged is what I am due since it is my work being sold".

And my reply to him should be...............................................

Jon

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hereNew
Re:New
YepNew
nahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow