Started Oct 30, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MP_photo
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Canon Portugal 5DII presentation (pic)
Oct 30, 2008

Went today to the presentation of 5DII by Canon Portugal in a Lisbon hotel.

Was expecting to try some high ISO shots and video mode.

The guy in charge of the thing not only would not win any sympathy contest but also didn't want any change in camera settings - no RAW, no video, nowhere else except under the big flash system installed.
So only easy "any camera can do" shots.

Waste of my time and money (had to drive more than 200 km in toll highways to get there).

The little I could notice about the camera:

Positive: camera seems very solid and someone used to the EOS system feels right away at home.

Negative: locked 1 time, the out-in battery operation had to be performed to restore normal operation (no panic - it's a pre-production model).

That said, one photo for souvenir of this waste of time:

Any lack of sharpness probably is a result of me not being as steady as I should (apart from the "fact" that 5DII can't focus usually stated in this forums .

Manual, ISO 100, 1/125, f8:

100% crop:

And the original you can find here:

"

"

About availability I heard two versions: 1st half of November and end of November, nothing new here.

All the best!

MP

-- hide signature --

The singular shall mean and include the plural; the masculine gender shall mean the feminine and the neuter genders; and vice versa. (mta.info)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow