Circuit city sold me a counterfeit D90!!!!

Started Oct 29, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Quattro03
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Circuit city sold me a counterfeit D90!!!!
Oct 29, 2008

That's right, a counterfeit...kind of.....

I've lurked for a long time on this board, and finally went to Circuit City last night to pull the trigger on a new D90. I chose CC because of the deal I saw on the board, and the store via telephone, agreed I could get it for $1135 + 10% off.

Fast forward to when I opened the box last night...the first red flag was the absence of an English manual and the battery charger. When I opened the body's box, I immediately noticed many of the D90's external controls were missing from the back of the camera. I looked at the front and saw the D90 emblem peeling a bit, so I gave it a tug and found that in actuality, I had a D50 in my D90 box. A crappy replica D90 sticker was covering the D50 emblem integrated into the body.

I took the whole mess to CC this morning where I'm currently being treated guilty until proven innocent. They will not exchange or refund the counterfeit D90 (D50) until they "investigate" it, despite the company having every form of my ID possible and my American Express information. So, I'm in limbo because of their compromised supply chain - they have the camera and $1100 of my funds. I've never experience such incompetence. Beware friends...check the box or go somewhere else for your Nikon body purchase...

I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow AM and keep you folks updated on how they handle it.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmexNew
How?New
nopeNew
PICSNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow