Started Oct 22, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
caporip
Senior MemberPosts: 1,164Gear list
Like?
A900 a fair review
Oct 22, 2008

As a very chuffed owner of said camera i think the review was very fair. It does what a review should do - points out the pro and cons and does so in what i consider to be an impartial manner.

I really cant understand why people moan about the fact that the review points out weaknesses of the a900, like High ISO noise on jpegs, surely a review should point out both the strengths and weaknesses of the thing its reviewing. Although it has to be said having the second MSduo slot is not a negative in my view lol.

The fact that a lot of users may not use Jpegs (but shoot raw as i do) does not alter the the fact that there is an issue in that respect - you can, however, make your own mind whether it is an issue that affects you having had it pointed out in the review. To criticise a review for pointing these things out is, as i see it, daft.

I can understand, to an extent , brand loyalty but it would be nice, i feel, if criticisms of the Sony range were taken a little less personally.

At the end of the day the A900 got a deserved highly recommended for i believe all the right reasons and fFor what it's worth, in my view, for the uses i will be putting it too it is a superb bit of kit

Richard

-- hide signature --

More kit than i probably need.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/

caporip's gear list:caporip's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow