Glossy Screens – A lot of people wanted them....

Started Oct 16, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dezignman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,591
Like?
Glossy Screens – A lot of people wanted them....
Oct 16, 2008

Don't get mad with me on this one, I have all matte screens and one CRT. But, in the Macworld April '08 issue, the reader poll of glossy screens stated that 45% liked them, 13% didn't feel one way or another about them, 17% haven't seen one, and only 25% didn't like them.

To be honest, I haven't been interested enough to see one up close and personal. I do photography and graphic design work. I have 2 matte ACDs and a matte 17" MacBookPro. I was considering an iMac when I bought the MBP and I ruled out glossy mainly because I didn't want to take a chance. I still use a CRT as a second monitor on one of my systems. If the glossy screens are like a CRT (as it is glass), then, I guess I could adapt. But, if they're real shiny, I'm out!

What I have a really hard time understanding is why they are messing around with firewire. That is a necessity. And, I would want more than the option to use an adapter cable. I was expecting eSATA in addition to firewire 400 & 800 connections.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow