Started Oct 16, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Blaze312
Regular MemberPosts: 144
Like?
Reverse Ring Help
Oct 16, 2008

Hello, it's been a while since I posted here. I was hoping to get some tips from some of the experts here.

After long putting it off I decided to get a Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens. I have grown very fond of macro photography so I decided for $30 to throw in the BR-2A reverse ring.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips. I have the idea of how it is supposed to work, but i am still having some issues.

Almost all the pictures I have taken are extremely blurry. Or blurry enough to make the picture look like garbage. Sure I can get a very large picture of a small spider, but if the spider looks blurry then its defeating the purpose. I am really after extreme detail here and I'm just getting a mess.

I have taken some pictures of text or logos, these seems to be 'better' but i think its because a slight blur is less noticeable in this case.

Is my problem from not holding the camera steady? I have one of those mini tripods but using it shakes the camera more (when i press the button) then holding it does. I know i could get a remote to fix that problem, is it worth it?

Has anyone had any luck with the BR-2A and a 50mm 1.8 on a D60, or a similar setup. In one of the following posts I will give you an example of a picture I took with the reverse ring compared to one i took with my stock 18-55 VR.

Thanks in advance for your help guys/gals.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow