Started Oct 9, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve Dudley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,131
Like?
Pay Attention
Oct 9, 2008

Here is an example of how paying that little more attention to where you place that centre af focus point can make a big difference. Now if someone can explain how I can post the images showing the nine AF points I will. But firstly this is my new 10-20 Sigma with the 450D. I am just testing the lens and at the moment and very impressed. Now. I took two photo's and I did not pay attention .

The first photo used the centre point af and was on the hood just above the chrome dead centre (the gleam on the hood was in the middle of the box). The second photo which also used center point was taken a litlle closer and I used a different focal length. This placed the gleam on the top edge of the af box. Now the first photo is wow! tack sharp where the second is just that little off. Now the af did its job it focussed on the contrast between the gleam and the paint. On the second shot the gleam was at the edge and it did its best with a low contast situation.

Now I am not about saying that my camera does things at times that I can always explain but in this case I learned something and it did what it was designed to do. I think someone posted a while ago the words pay attention and it is so true we so many times just say that looks good and point and fire away with out really understanding what the camera is trying to do. Tell me what do you think does my spin on it sound right

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow