Started Oct 8, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul North
Senior MemberPosts: 1,609Gear list
Like?
Err 99 / Busy error on 50D
Oct 8, 2008

Hey everyone, This may be total coincidence but I had my 50D with the BG-EN2 attached in my bad and I forgot the power on, when I took it out and tried to go into the menu it said busy on the top LCD? so I tried powering it off and on again, still getting the error, I tried to remove the batteries from the grip and still got the error? then I unscrewed the grip from the body and that cleared the error! I said it was probably because the power was on and maybe a button was being pressed in the bag? I used the 50D Sat, Sun, and Monday without any issues! then today at a soccer game I got an Err 99 with the Sigma 300 f2.8 attatched! tried everything and it did not go away! I then needed to take the battery grip off and put it back on, and the error went away? so my question is, is the grip bad? or the 50D? or maybe it was a fluke and I won't get this error again??

I love the camera by the way! use it with the Sigma 300 f2.8 and get amaizing images.

Paul.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow