Started Oct 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VadimOm
Senior MemberPosts: 1,903
Like?
D90 - video codec needed
Oct 4, 2008

While waiting for my D90 (on order), I decided to familiarize myself with Windows Movie Maker. I downloaded a couple of D90 videos (from dpreview, samples section of D90 pictures/videos) and to my disappointment, I can't play them in Windows Media Player (or Windows Media Classic player for that matter).

At first, WMP was crashing on every attempt to open D90 video. Then, I tried installing K-lite Codec pack (which during the installation process uninstalled a whole bunch of other packs and codecs). As a result, WMP is not crashing anymore, however, video playback if jerky/stuttering (again, in both WMP as well as in Classic player). This makes me thing I'm on the right track, it must be the codec.

Quicktime player, on the other hand, plays D90 clips perfectly. No issues whatsoever. However, looks like Windows Movie maker is attempting to use the same codec that Windows Media Player is using and therefore, D90 videos playback in it is also stuttering/jerky.

Did anybody else have similar issues? What MJPEG codecs are you guys using ?

PS: Also installed ffddshow - no help... Gspot is saying that MJPEG coded is needed for D90 movies and it confirms I have it installed....

PPS: My pc is relatively new, E6850 Duo 3Ghz CPU, 4Gb of ram, 1Tb HDD...
--
Vadim
http://www.vadimonline.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow