Started Sep 30, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ahajdar
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Canon 40d vs. Nikon 90d
Sep 30, 2008

Hello...I'm about to buy my first dSLR and would like to have it for many years to come and eventually enter the "amateur level".

I was almost set to Canon 450d but many people are complaining about it, especially with focus problems (well, as I understood, it's a hardware limitation of 450d - only 1 cross-type focus point and complicates a little the focusing activity). Anyway, in my price range are 2 models which seem to have one of the most important feature to me, and that is picture quality with least amount of trouble, Canon 40d and Nikon 90d. My question is which one, for a beginner, d40 or 90d would be a better choice? (One thing that bothers me with Nikon is their 12 bit converter as opposed to 14 bit converter, and if it really makes a difference in real-life situations, and also, whether the lack of weather-seal on Nikon will considerably affect the life span of a camera - I don't have $1000+ to spend for cameras every 5-10 years)?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow