ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mrp1124
Regular MemberPosts: 383
Like?
Judging a Photograph
Sep 28, 2008

Hi all,

I know that although there are lots and lots of photographs entered into each challenge, most of us don't win the challenges on here. Well, I'm not looking to win one anytime soon, but I would like to know what kinds of things the judges (previous winners) look for in each photograph. Is there some sort of rubric that can be semi-followed?

I think that, as a photographer, knowing this kind of information could really help the outcome of my pictures. Sometimes I'm out there shooting and I'm not sure what would look better. I don't have a trained eye, so I know experience here is key. Also, I know some of you will say that as long as I like the shot, then nothing else should matter ... but ... I really like some of the shots that other people take and knowing their thought process of the "WHY's" would benefit most of us greatly.

With all of that said, I recall seeing a post on here (and I wish I knew some keywords so that I could search for it), that talked about things that a photographer might want to think about before taking a photograph. It listed maybe 5-6 items and each one of them was explained in pretty good detail.

Any info/links/ideas are welcome. I hope this helps more people than just myself.

-- hide signature --

Miguel

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow