Started Sep 27, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Massimo Cristaldi
Regular MemberPosts: 286Gear list
Like?
Lx3 - still far...
Sep 27, 2008

I'm actively following this forum from the LX3 first comings. I was absolutely convinced of the great things in this small camera: leica, f2, 24mm. I need a small camera to carry around (I'm a MF Rollei 6003 and a 5d/1Ds Canon photographer, active in editorial and conceptual photography). I'm very very keen on IQ. If I get a great shot with the small camera it should have the level of quality that enables me to: (a) fully enjoy it (b) propose it to my stock agencies/magazines (c) sell it printed in A2 or A1. I take care of all the chain, from the shot to the print using my Epson 3800 and HP Z2100.
Some months ago I bought a Ricoh GX100. Nice camera. Not sufficient IQ. Sold it.

I've examined and printed tons of shots of the LX3 and frankly speaking I believe that we're still far from something acceptable for my scopes. At the moment the DP1 seams to have a nice image quality but all the drawbacks (speed etc.) makes me wish a DP2 better in terms of speed and monitor. RAW vs Jpg comparison I saw here makes me really thinking that, despite of the sensor performances, the lens is not sharp enough, something that surprises me a lot given the leica name on it. G9 seams better to this respect. Curious to see if the DLux4 version works better... Have you seen till now some side-by-side comparison?

-- hide signature --
 Massimo Cristaldi's gear list:Massimo Cristaldi's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sony FE 35mm F2.8
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow