Started Sep 26, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MertzPhoto
Regular MemberPosts: 402
Like?
ACR help please...
Sep 26, 2008

So I'm a little new to the world of CR2 processing. Previously, I shot nikon and used NX. So a few fundamental pointers would help me out a lot. I know I could start diggin around on the web, or reading manuals ;-), but I thought I'd ask you folks first because I always seem to find the best tried and true info here, not just marketing hyperbolae. That being said, any help is muchly appreciated.

First off. What is Adobe Camera Raw? Is it a standalone program or part of Photoshop? (I am running a full (legit) version of CS2 at the moment) If I open a CR2 file, by default it opens up in Photoshop in what seeps to be a raw processor - but it doesn't say "Adobe Camera RAW" anywhere. It allows me to tweak WB, exposure, sharpening, etc. Is this ACR?

If it is, are there any important guidelines for me to keep in mind (tips basically)? And, once adjusted to my liking, do I hit Save or Done?

How does ACR stack up to DPP, or the other program (cant remember the name) that came with the 5D, and/or other RAW processors. Is it generally considered to be pretty good?

If I have a bunch of CR2 files that need the same settings applied, how do I set up a batch process?

Again, any help really is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-L

-- hide signature --

I can always tell if somebody likes a photograph I've taken, because they instantly compliment the camera.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow