ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marbuel
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Sorry, but I am little disapointed
Sep 23, 2008

Hi all,

Well ... I know that K20D was announced this year ... but I still expected to see at least prototype of a future body or slightly modified K20D. K-m makes no sense to me. K20D costs $700 and K200D $400. What will be the K-m price $250? Than maybe ... but anything higher than that is a non-sense. K-m is smaller than K200D, yes, but how much? How big difference it is going to make to your travel kit to have camera 75g lighter and few mm smaller?

I think that if Pentax could do at least minor update to K20D, like improved live-view or better display, plus some firmware tweaks ... they could sell it again at higher price and make more money on it. I understand that to develop new camera like KxD or K30D takes some time, but minor tweaks to current model should not be so difficult. And do not tell me that there are no things that could be improved on K20D with little effort to make it more attractive.

And the lenses announcements? Plastic L versions of kit lenses ... no improvement. 60-250/4 was announced already maybe 4 times, so hopefully it would be finally also available ... but when? Next year? 55/1.4 looks interesting but not with the price higher than $400. Old excellent FA50/1.4 cost $250 or maybe less. 15/4 looks interesting though, I like it.

OK, let's wait for PMA My DS is still working well after about 60.000 images and I am looking forward to enjoy colors of fall

Marek

P.S.: Do not blame me ... It is just my view. Others might be happy with what was announced.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
KMDNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow