Started Sep 22, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leo Terra
Regular MemberPosts: 216
Like?
Sony in trouble
Sep 22, 2008

I have a Sony system, but actual Sony Situation is to dramatic to me.

They launch A900 expecting to have better low ISO camera in this category, but they was below Canon 5D MKII on Low and Hi ISO performance. At Hi ISO performance Nikon D700 have an impressive quality over A900. Resources of A900 are a Joke when compared with 5D MKII and D700. Price is insane, You can buy 5D by US$ 2600,00 and D700 by US$ 2400,00. With this performance and resources A900 can’t cost more than US$ 2400,00 to be competitive.

At A700 market situation is the same, all concurrent has more resources, AF quality is amazing, but they still without fundamental resources to category, like AF tuning and lifeview. Canon 50D has better IQ and Price is to hi again (US$ 1299,00 vs 1099,00 one months ago), A700 is a camera needs a urgent price down or urgent replacement.

Lens range and lens prices are a joke to, some Sony lens don’t have quality to cost the price that they demand (Like 70-200SSM).

My impression is that Sony have a good system, but think to have much more than they really have.

What are your impressions?
--

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow