ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
W.C. Green
Regular MemberPosts: 400
Like?
FL-50R and cheap trigger question
Sep 22, 2008

Hello all-

I have been meaning to post my findings with my E-3's front focus problems and repair status... I will report more in detail soon, but will post a bit at the end of this thread.

My current question is this. I have an unexpected shoot coming up on October 6-7. Going to a large college in GA to shoot headshots for the graduating acting majors and am need of wireless for the indoor studio shots. I have an FL-50 and wanted to just get a set of the cheap (Cactus, etc) triggers to use on these. I want to shoot through an umbrella about 2 feet off camera for soft light and no hard refections in the eyes. Well, everyone who sells these triggers has to ship them from overseas. They cannot get them to me in time. The alien bee triggers are cheap, but do not have a hotshoe and you have to use a pc chord.. so can't use those, and I am not paying for PWs.

Is there anyone that sells the cheap trigger here in the states that can get them to me in a week? My only other option, is to get the FL-50R... may be worth it, is it possible to block the pop up flash to the point that it will not show in the eye of the actor's? If you put tape over it, then will it not trigger the FL-50R? If the pop up is going to show in their eyes as a hot, white dot, then I probably lose that option.

So, is there anyone that sells the cheap triggers in the states, or is there a way to use the FL-50R and minimize the effect of the pop up flash on the subject?

Thanks in advance.. now regarding my front focus problem with my E-3 and OLY. I have been meaning to post my findings with my E-3's front focus problems and repair status... I will report more in detail soon, but will say this much- OLY did not replace the body. They adjusted my E-3 body and 50/f2, and I have seen NOTICEABLE improvement with the camera without changing my settings or shooting style, so it's clear to me there was a problem. I do now, however see more problems with my 50-200. That combo seems to have serious problems with full length portraits. Focus is off on those about 80%, but fine on closeups. Will post more soon.

Thanks again to all!
Billy Green
http://www.wcgreen.net

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow