Started Sep 21, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dipiteee
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
I shot my first wedding ever with a 3 day old D90. How it went:
Sep 21, 2008

This is my follow-up thread to a previous thread I posted, which is here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=29327017 As some of you may be aware, I got a variety of responses, some negative and some positive. Naturally I was already nervous going into such a big event with a new camera. I brought along my D70 as backup, and it remained in my backpack the entire night. I did have to offload my pictures on to a laptop once we got to the reception, but that is just because I have only one 8gb SD card. That will be the next thing to get. Anyway, my conclusion is that if you feel confident with a previous generation of a DSLR (such as a D70), it would be ridiculous to not shoot with a camera such as the D90. Bring along the oldie as a backup, of course. I felt so at ease shooting the D90. As I predicted, the SB-800 was trickier to get used to than the D90. Even with a diffuser and practicing different bounce angles etc, I would still occasionally get some harsh shadows. This camera is amazing at high ISO. I also had no shutter lag and focusing was always quite fast, even in low light conditions. Weddings are definitely a tough thing to shoot. Almost everything is done in low-light conditions, unless it's an outdoor wedding. It was great fun though, especially since they are my friends. I'm just really glad I put my camera in the trunk and not the front seat where it probably would have been damaged by the bad car wreck we were in. Anyway, here are some shots... I know they are really huge, but I wanted people to be able to see some detail, especially any noise in the high ISO shots. I did absolutely no PP on these yet, just resizing. Some of them could benefit from some tighter cropping. Comments welcome. More can be found here: http://serendip.inpuj.net/wedding/ (It's almost easier to just look there since firefox will show a scaled down version and you can zoom in if you'd like)

please don't quote all of the pictures in your reply. my post is large enough as it is.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow