Any Smugmug users here

Started Sep 19, 2008 | Discussions thread
Brooks P
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,183
Like?
Re: Any Smugmug users here
In reply to Dileep Kumar, Sep 19, 2008

I’ve been with SmugMug for several years now and for the most part been very happy, over the years they have addressed most of the dislikes I originally had. The file size is now up to 12MB for regular accounts and 24MB for Professional accounts.

They have added a lot of themes so there is a wide assortment to choose from, not that I had any real problem with the original layout, but I like my current one better.

Once uploaded the gallery pages load very quickly. If you want to display a single photo it will take longer to display an Original file of 6MB than it will a much smaller image. Generally all of the sizes, small, medium, large, etc display instantly, but a large original can take several seconds and you will see it paint, from top to bottom, on your monitor; I would imagine the time involved is related to your connect speed.

The few times I have had a problem and I contacted them, someone got back to me in a matter of minutes. As someone else said, SmugMug’s customer service is really great.

I have only used their print service once, but the prints were top notch. Since then they have added a lot more options such as finishes.

I like the fact that there is no limit to the number of pictures I can upload. I hated having to delete a picture before I could upload a new picture on one of the freebee sites that I had before.

On a scale of one to ten I’d rate SmugMug a solid nine.

Edit: I almost forgot; I like their forum as well, it is entirely different from dpreview. You don't have to have an account SmugMug to be a member of the forum. http://www.dgrin.com/

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow