Any Smugmug users here

Started Sep 19, 2008 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Brooks P Veteran Member • Posts: 9,183
Re: Any Smugmug users here

I’ve been with SmugMug for several years now and for the most part been very happy, over the years they have addressed most of the dislikes I originally had. The file size is now up to 12MB for regular accounts and 24MB for Professional accounts.

They have added a lot of themes so there is a wide assortment to choose from, not that I had any real problem with the original layout, but I like my current one better.

Once uploaded the gallery pages load very quickly. If you want to display a single photo it will take longer to display an Original file of 6MB than it will a much smaller image. Generally all of the sizes, small, medium, large, etc display instantly, but a large original can take several seconds and you will see it paint, from top to bottom, on your monitor; I would imagine the time involved is related to your connect speed.

The few times I have had a problem and I contacted them, someone got back to me in a matter of minutes. As someone else said, SmugMug’s customer service is really great.

I have only used their print service once, but the prints were top notch. Since then they have added a lot more options such as finishes.

I like the fact that there is no limit to the number of pictures I can upload. I hated having to delete a picture before I could upload a new picture on one of the freebee sites that I had before.

On a scale of one to ten I’d rate SmugMug a solid nine.

Edit: I almost forgot; I like their forum as well, it is entirely different from dpreview. You don't have to have an account SmugMug to be a member of the forum. http://www.dgrin.com/

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow