Started Sep 18, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
plantdoc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,950
Like?
What's Happening with Epson
Sep 18, 2008

I have used epson non-pro photo printers for years, and my current printer is a R340 and dye based picturemate. The R340 is having some problems so I looked at Epson for a replacement and they seemed to have eliminated all their 6 color dye based printers and all iin ones for 4 color models. There are a few r280 (ordered a refurb) and some r1400 around, but when they-re gone, it seems that you either use a rather low tech, inexpensive 4 color printer (seems a step back in quality) or put up the cash for a large format, pigment based, photo printer starting at $400+ dollars. I am starting to think that a good, online lab, may be somewhat less convenient, but with color corrected 8x10 for .99 to $1.50 and 11x14 for $3.00 and 4x6 for .15 to .29, the investment in a $400+ printer may not be justified for a hobbyist. Discouraged because my R340 produces excellent prints on Epson double wt. matt paper, but it cost me just $120.

Greg

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow