Started Sep 13, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gburgos
Regular MemberPosts: 250
Like?
I wish i could quit you... dpreview.com
Sep 13, 2008

Disclaimer: if you don’t want to hear my rant, don’t read it aloud. (Simple enough)

When I started coming to this site a few years ago. The threads used to be about photography and technique. Now it is a battle ground for equipment kind of like CNET with commentary; that I lovingly call "Broke Camera Mountain". All we do here is bitch about the equipment and even go as far as to dissect cameras that only exist in warehouses or in theory in some case. I preordered a 50d about a week ago and I have to stop coming to this site before I begin to hate the new camera before it gets to back-focus, front-focus, side-focus, error 99, fail at AI servo, freeze up on a 190 degree day in the sun, blur its LCD, it might even take bad pictures of a moving subject with no light at iso 12600. (I hate it already). I'm never coming here again... see you tomorrow (I.R.O.N.Y.).

PS Nikon people threaten to leave Nikon, Canon people threaten to leave Canon, Sony people... not enough of them to worry about, but I start to wonder if these companies don’t work together to keep us dishing out money?

“I love this bad relationship I keep coming back for the passion of the fight”
-Jerry Springer Guest

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow