In cam E-520 BW v's ACR RAW BW TIP's (img)

Started Sep 11, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nic Christie
Senior MemberPosts: 1,187Gear list
Like?
In cam E-520 BW v's ACR RAW BW TIP's (img)
Sep 11, 2008

Thinking of time saving and having a mess about on the 520. I wanted to see if I shot RAW + jpeg but set the jpeg to give me BW what would happen ( I know I hadn't really though about it before) I was very surprised at what I got with no conversion. S I end up with a jpeg b/w to got plus a RAW colour image to sort as required. I know the RAW with give slightly better results but for no fussing I can have a clour and BW without the fuss of converting to bw. This also is good to get your BW eye in as it helps SEEING your normal colour shots also all in bw quickly seeing which work and which don't , very handy for newbies etc.

Now forget the fence panel as the subject but . The first one is the jpeg and the second is the RAW

All I have done is opened the raw in PS3 and on the bw list chosen Green filter ( as that is what I set up in the camera.

Now there is some difference in the contrast between the 2 the jpeg was left at the defaults of zero so i guess the RAW as standard has a different contrast setting? can anyone shed any light on the contrast difference?
thoughts welcome, unless you are complaining about my fence panel

extension.

extension.

-- hide signature --

'The decisive moment'....
Always appears to happens when I not looking !!!!!

E-520 12-60 SW, 50-200 E-510 & FL-50 Flash

Pic-nic4u
http://www.pbase.com/picnic4u
Comments welcome

extension.

Nic Christie's gear list:Nic Christie's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow