Need help with 450D RAW workflow with DPP

Started Sep 9, 2008 | Discussions thread
Erik Bailey
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Re: Need help with 450D RAW workflow with DPP
In reply to blssdwlf, Sep 10, 2008

Peter - thanks a million! I played with DPP and ZB some more this evening, and feel that I'm starting to understand what is going on.

The ZB RAW is a nice interface (although I never would have discovered it on my own!). I did some playing with WB and found in both programs the Click White Balance was a great help. However, sometimes I wanted to make it a bit warmer, which was easy in DPP but tweaking seems to not be possible in ZB (except for manually changing the temperature). Too bad, but not a big deal.

Your DPP sharpness and noise reduction settings were really helpful. I was able to convert the shots into JPEGs that look good, which was the whole goal!

I'll continue playing with both tools, and maybe pick up PS Elements 7 when it is released. But I think I'm over my frustration, and I plan to do a lot more RAW shooting in the future.

Thanks again... --Erik

-- hide signature --
 Erik Bailey's gear list:Erik Bailey's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow